Tuesday, October 16, 2012

We Have A Winner!!!



Big congratulations go out to JANE BUCH of Florida who purchased her tickets at this year's North American Festival of Wales in Scranton P.A.


We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Jane and thank everyone who contributed to the West Coast Eisteddfod. If you were not the lucky winner this year fear not, 2013 is just around the corner and we will be announcing new and exciting plans as the WCE goes into its fifth year.


On a personal note, I would very much like to thank my carving partner Laura Jenkins Gorun who came along on an even crazier ride than the one we went on the last time we carved an Eisteddfod Spoon.  Although it seemed like everything that could conspire against us did, we managed to pull off a beautiful spoon that I couldn't be more proud of!!   I don't know if I'll be able to talk her into coming back for another round next year, but if I can...I  guarantee that we'll come up with something even MORE spectacular!!  We're on a roll!

I'd also like to thank Jen Delyth for her lovely, lovely 'tree of life' and Chris Chandler for coming up with our 'Celebrate Your Roots' theme!   What a treat for Laura and I to work with artists from outside the lovespoon world and to see a project like this come together even though none of us have ever met in person.

Most of all, I would like to thank everyone who donated to the West Coast Eisteddfod!!  Sorry that you couldn't all win but I hope that this year's spoon will have encouraged you to try again next year when we reveal the West Coast Eisteddfod lovespoon Mark 5!

Here's a shot of Chris Chandler burning down the house at the finale of  the West Coast Eisteddfod 2012!


Bookmark and Share


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Dave! A few sleepless nights, for sure, but all worth it to have gotten to work with you again, and be a part of such a special project, AND support a great cause! Thanks, also, to Gaabi & Ceri at Americymru for putting on the whole Eisteddfod!

    ReplyDelete